Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, subscribe to email alerts, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users' means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Pearson may collect and use Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve Users' experience - We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site and so that we may improve our Site.
- To send periodic emails - If the User decides to opt-in to our email alerts, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Comments shared publicly on our blog are subject to moderation. Once comments have been approved and published we reserve the right to reference them in publications on the blog. Comments and/or links will be deleted if they contain:
- Unfair/unsubstantiated partisan political views
- Commercial endorsements
- Discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable statements, language, or content
- Personally identifiable information. This refers to information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual
- Particulars of individual grants and applications
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' personal identification information to others. We will not allow unrelated third parties to use your personal information for marketing without your consent.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may disclose and share personal information with the third parties listed below. Because the internet is a global environment, you accept and agree that this will include the transfer of your personal information to other countries around the world, including countries outside of the European Economic Area which may not have the same data protection laws as the UK. We may share your personal information:
- with our group companies or any entity which acquires any part of our business
- with our service providers (including, for example, suppliers who develop or host our sites)
- with third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default
- if required or permitted by law
- with other third parties with your consent.
Your acceptance of these terms
80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL,
UK +44 020 7010 2310