2020 is the year that digital education went mainstream. Distance learning hasn’t been without its challenges, but teachers, institutions and publishers have been constantly adapting and innovating to make the transition as seamless as possible.
That’s where the new Global Online Test Preparation (GOTP) platform comes in. It’s a one-stop digital solution for test preparation. A joint project between Pearson and E2Language, the platform is an easy-to-use test preparation space with everything that students, teachers and institutions might need to get ready for the PTE Academic, IELTS Academic, IELTS General, TOEFL and OET (for Nurses & Doctors) exams.
Let’s take a look at the platform – who it is for and how it can benefit you and your students.
What does the GOTP do?
The Global Online Test Preparation Platform is a digital learning space for teachers, learners and administrators. As a teacher-led product, it’s ideal for distance learning, with hundreds of hours of ready-made lessons, interactive practice materials and assessments ranging from diagnostic tests to mini and full-length mock-tests across all exams. On top of this, it features an in-platform option for live group classes, one-to-one tutorials and meetings and access to live class recordings.
As a 100% digital product, GOTP can be used fully online, in-classroom or in a blended set-up.
Watch this video to find out more:
What are the advantages of GOTP for teachers?
The GOTP platform helps you prepare your students for their exams. Here are some of the benefits and features:
- There are hundreds of hours of ready-made lessons across exams, available in multiple course durations (i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8, 12 and 36 weeks). These have been developed by world-class English teaching experts and designed to address all skills.
- Good news for busy teachers – the platform offers automated scoring for reading and listening, as well as built-in exam rubrics which will simplify the marking process for speaking and writing tasks.
- The at-a-glance analytics tool is a way to track student performance. What’s more, students who aren’t keeping up with the work are automatically flagged as ‘Students at Risk’ so that teachers can offer them more targeted support.
- The instant messaging system means teachers can quickly and easily get in touch with individual students, entire classes or whole courses within the platform.
What are the advantages of GOTP for institutions?
The GOTP can be thought of as a self-contained ‘digital language school in a box’ – simply add teachers and students and let the learning journey begin. There are several benefits to using the GOTP platform for institutions:
- The GOTP platform offers an easy way to standardize exam courses. It provides access to a range of premium test preparation materials, ready-made lessons across all tests and all skills, and a variety of assessments to measure progress towards exam readiness.
- GOTP allows institutions to increase student enrolment and scale up their online test preparation courses, which are always in high demand.
- At the same time, GOTP offers administrative staff a streamlined and intuitive system to help manage teachers, students and class scheduling.
What are the advantages of GOTP for students?
- Everybody knows that practice makes perfect – and with hundreds of hours of interactive practice material, students will be able to prepare as thoroughly as possible for exam day.
- At the same time, students can also enroll in specific exam preparation courses, led by a teacher, within GOTP. They can also access complementary skill building, exam vocabulary and speaking and pronunciation courses, so they can target any areas of weakness in advance of the test.
- Within the GOTP platform, students can also access lessons on exam strategy and methodology. This will help them familiarize themselves with the exam structure and practice the exam techniques they will need to be successful.
- The built-in messaging system provides a quick and easy way to communicate with teachers, admins and classmates.
A one-stop digital solution
The Global Online Test Preparation platform gives institutions, schools and teachers flexibility when it comes to teaching and learning, which is crucial at the moment.
Each exam preparation course is delivered digitally and can be taught in a classroom, in a blended learning setting or fully online. This way, teachers and students can feel confident that even if more school closures are recommended, there will be minimum disruption to student progress.
Whether you’re a director of studies, school administrator, English teacher or a language student, the Global Online Test Preparation platform will make preparing for exams a smoother and easier experience.